Manor West Retail Park has been announced as a winning venue as part of Sudocrem Baby Changing Room Awards 2016.
The iconic Irish brand announced Manor West as a two star winner in its first such awards. Chosen by a public vote, the winning 31 venues were awarded 1, 2 or 3 stars for providing clean, safe and warm baby changing room facilities.
To encourage other venues to improve their facilities, Sudocrem is also launching a list of criteria on what parents want in a baby changing room. These awards are part of Sudocrem’s 85th anniversary celebrations.
Research revealed that 94 percent of parents consider baby changing rooms important when planning a day out. Yet, 45 percent have experienced a dirty changing room and a further 30 percent have faced a lack of bin for nappies and other waste when changing their little one.
The top things parents want in a baby changing room are:
1. Designated room for baby changing
2. Clean facilities with a dedicated bin for nappies and wipes
3. Changing table at waist height
4. A baby changing mat that features a security belt – very important!
5. Changing table within arm’s length of the sink
6. Feeding support for example; a chair for the parent that is separate to the changing area
7. A changing room that is wide enough to fit a buggy / double buggy
8. A toilet for the parent or other children within the same baby changing space
Commenting on the awards, Helen Murphy, Sudocrem, Brand Manager said, “A huge congratulations and well done to all the winners! Currently, parents only rate Irish baby changing facilities as 5.5 out of 10 – Sudocrem wants to change this to 10 out of 10 in the coming years. There is a value in providing good baby changing facilities and parents will return to venues places that meet their criteria”.
Sudocrem was developed by an Irish pharmacist Thomas Smith in Cabra in 1931. Every year, more than 34.5 million Sudocrem pots are sold worldwide.
Manor West are delighted to have been chosen as a winner in the Sudocrem Awards, as we continue towards making a trip to our shopping centre as easy as possible for parents with young children.